subtitle

Life as the textile expert at a regional history museum

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Violet Tatum

For various reasons, I find myself at the end of the weekend without a thrilling concept for a blog post. Please content yourself with this beautiful ad for a Seattle store in the 1920s. 


I don't yet know anything about Violet Tatum, other than the fact that she could afford a full-page ad in the Society Blue Book, and according to the bit at the bottom, occupied the entire second floor of the Silverstone Building at Westlake and Pine. 

So I'll just leave her here as a promise of things to come...

Research frontiers still to cover...

Intriguing people waiting to be discovered...

Onward the march of Seattle fashion history!!

(Btw I turn 30 in 10 days and the milestone inspires me to make overly-dramatic statements about my life and the future. I apologize for any eye rolling that you may experience as a result.)

No comments:

Post a Comment